Thursday, July 5, 2007

Worm identification, HELP!

OK, yesterday while grilling, the hubby asked me to come identify a creepy crawly on our patio. I was a little taken aback as it was really quite strange and little ooky! Wish I had taken a picture of it, but couldn't find the camera (what is up with losing cameras?). Anyway, this thing was about 1-2 inches long and about a 1/8 of an inch wide or so. It basically looked like someone had taken a sliver of a cow's liver and slung it on the floor. It was deep red like that and as far as I could tell, was not segmented. And when we poked it, it seemed to really stick down to the concrete, not that I tried very hard to pry it up! We thought maybe it was a leech, but I looked online and it really didn't look like any leeches I found pics of. So I am curious if anyone would know what this little dude might have been and if I should be worried. I feel like if there was one, I'm sure he has pals! All I need is for the kiddo or the dog to be running around in the yard and get a nasty parasitic infection, yuck!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Doesn't sound familiar at all...too bad you didn't have the camera...yeah I know you are already kicking yourself on that one.