Monday, July 30, 2007

Latest on that vine!



It has finally reached the roof and has also wrapped around the house and grabbed the sun I have hanging on that wall. I will be interested to see if it begins to weave its way through that! We are getting some pretty flowers, not alot yet. Seems like it has a bunch of little buds, but they only open a few at a time and they only last for about 2 days. I need to call and ask the nursery if I'm supposed to pluck off the spent blooms in order for it to re-bloom. Anyway, here are a couple of pics of "Cyrus". If you notice the orange flowers at the bottom of the full length photo, you can see the size this vine was when I planted it 3 weeks ago! Crazy!

3 comments:

Ginny said...

I really like this vine. I can't wait to see it a year from now...I bet it will be amazing...heh provided you don't kill it first. Sorry couldn't resist lol ;)

Little Mama said...

Actually, this vine is an annual, so it will die this winter, but I guess re-seed and start over again next year. So we'll get to watch it all over again!

Ginny said...

oh too bad...it would look really cool all over the house.