Thursday, July 19, 2007

A hummingbird!


I was looking out the front window yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see a little hummingbird visiting one of my flowers! I so rarely see them in my neighborhood. I live in the burbs and although there is alot of shrubbery in the area, there's not alot of color. I was thrilled to have it visit my yard! Usually I only see hummers when we visit our cabin in Ruidoso. There is a nice variety of species, but most notably the feisty little rufous hummingbirds. They are quick and ornery! They even dive bomb the bluejays! Anyway, here is a picture of the flower my little hummer was visiting. I don't exactly know what it is, I planted it last year, it died off and must have re-seeded. But maybe I should plant more if hummingbirds like it!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Oh those are pretty! I've tried in vain to photograph all the hummingbirds that visit my yard daily but they are just too quick for me.