Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tryin' to get it going!

Well, it's 10-ish in the a.m., I've been up for at least 2 hours, kids are fed, both of their rooms picked up so I can vacuum later, the Piglet is down for a nap and the dishwasher is emptied. Now I'm taking a break to have a cuppa tea and try to get a bit more motivated. I tried to get some of the vacuuming done before Piggletto went to bed, but she threw a huge, stinkin' fit! I was shocked because usually she LOVES to be chased around the room, I tell her I'm gonna vacuum her up, then her brother gets into it and before you know it, I'm chasing 2 kids around the living room! Great fun... usually. But NOT today. Hopefully it won't wake her up when I start it up again in a few.

I'm kind of in crunch-time here, the hubby will be home this evening and I have just not accomplished what I had hoped in his absence, so I at least want to have the house clean so we have a worry-free Sunday together before he heads back to work on Monday. I think we may go in tomorrow and order our back door. We are still getting enough rain that we don't want to risk laying tile in the kitchen before we replace that leaky door! We learned our lesson in the entryway! Water and fresh mortar don't make for good tiling, in fact, it makes more of an oatmeal! (Oh no! Having flashbacks! It's like I have PTSD because of that incident!)

We did get a little bit of light rain this morning and it is doing wonders for the temperature and my garden out front. The Monkey Man and I measured the cypress vine last night so we could see how much it grows in 24 hours. Not very scientific, we measured how many bricks tall it was (it was 12 bricks tall) and I did do a quick check this morning and it has grown 1 1/2 bricks since 10pm last night, what is that like 4 inches?! Crazy! Hope everyone has a nice weekend, I won't be back on until Monday. I plan on spending a relaxing day, playing with my kids and my hubby!

No comments: