Monday, August 13, 2007

Getting there!

We spent the weekend tiling our kitchen, well half of our kitchen! We decided, since you have to wait 24 hours after laying the tile before you grout, to focus on the areas that generally house the appliances. I kind of NEED that range to be functional ASAP! So I figure one more weekend and we'll finally have our floors done, finito! YEA! I was really worried about how dark this tile would be, but in comparison to the dark stain that was on the concrete slab, it is 10 times lighter and brighter than it was. I'm thrilled! But as I've mentioned before, one thing leads to another. So yes, floors will be done, but countertops and cabinets will need to be next, along with re-upholstering kitchen chairs (that'll be easy) and slapping some new paint on the wall. When we're done, I'll post some "before and after" photos so you all can praise our skill and impeccable taste! I should be on freakin' HGTV! HaHa!

No comments: