Thursday, October 18, 2007

Our latest winged visitor.



I was out dealing with my recycling last night and as I was about to come in the front door I noticed this really big, really cool moth over the doorway. Well you know me, I had to try to catch it and take it in for my son to view. After a bit of quick thinking and a quick hand, I was able to net this behemoth moth and stuff him into my butterfly habitat. All I can say is this moth was PISSED!! He was buzzing around in that enclosure, fast and furious! But he eventually calmed down and we were all able to get a good look at him. I decided to try to get some shots as we were releasing him. They aren't the best, but it will give you an idea. He was brilliant green, I am thinking he is some sort of Sphynx moth, not sure of the exact species. A truly beautiful moth though and I was so glad I was able to nab him and observe him for a bit. My son just loved it!

No comments: