Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Making a Masterpiece




It's that Halloween time again and I'm not one who goes out to Wal-Mart to purchase store bought costumes for my kids. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing those that do, making costumes isn't for everyone. In fact, my life would be a little less stressful if I would go get a storm-trooper costume for the boy, but Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and if I can't get dressed up and trick-or-treat anymore, I better make the best experience I can for the kids so I can live vicariously through them! So I am elbow deep in pink polar fleece, making a piggy costume for the baby and then there is the costume for the boy. This one is taking alot of creative thinking! He decided he wanted to be a robot, how cool, right? So the hubby and I have been brainstorming and we finally got the costume underway this past weekend and thought I'd post as we go along. So here is what we have accomplished so far, mostly the body, no legs or arms yet. And technically, the body still has alot of work, but I haven't pulled out the glue gun yet. I will post as we progress and of course I'll include a final photo of the finished product!

No comments: